Fiber in the fiber optic cable products is a very fragile thing, need more special protection, therefore, when fiber optic cables are in transportation, laying and installation you should pay attention to the following matters:
1. The cable tray equipped with cable should be rolled as the direction marked on the side, the rolling distance should not be too far, generally not more than 20 meters, avoiding obstacles damage the packaging board.
2. When loading cable, forklifts and other lifting equipment or special steps should be used, no cable tray directly rolled or cast from the car.
3. Forbid cable tray equipped with cable is placed flat or stacked, cable tray in a compartment should be fortified with wood.
4. The cable should not be repeated inverted plate, to avoid the damage to the integrity of the internal structure of fiber optic cable. Before laying fiber optic cable, single plate inspection and acceptance should be carried out, including visually inspected and check the specifications, quantity, test length and attenuation, etc. Each plate of fiber optic cable should be attached with manufacturer inspection certificate of quality (should be properly stored for future inquiries) on the protective plate, do not damage the fiber optic cable when remove the fiber protective plate.
5. In the construction process should pay attention to the bending radius of cable should not be less than the construction regulations, cables do not allow excessive bending.
6. When laying Aerial Cable should be dragged through the pulley, aerial cables should avoid the friction with buildings, trees and other facilities, avoiding damaging the cable jacket by mopping the floor or frict with other hard sharp objects, should install protective measures if necessary. No cable out of the pulley traction force, in order to prevent the cable squash damage.
7. In the cable line design should avoid inflammable buildings as far as possible, if this is unavoidable, the cable should be taken fire protection measures.
8. In the long cable laying construction, for inverted plate, cable must be complied with “8” case. The cable is completely in a twisted state.
9. The selected fiber distribution box must meet the eligibility requirements of the YD/T814-1996 standard, ensure the radius of curvature of fiber inside the distribution box is not less than 37.5MM, the remaining length of fiber inside the distribution box is not less than 1.6m, the cable reinforcement is firmly fixed to the distribution box, there is no twisting between the cable and the distribution box, fiber distribution box must with excellent sealing performance, can prevent moisture from entering.
10. In the splice, the connector attenuation should based on the average value of otdr testing (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer).
11. After cable laying completed, if not timely splicing, should be sealed at both cable ends, to prevent moisture against fiber.
12. In the splicing, if the connection is not finish after many times, recommend a cut then continue (because fiber optic cable ends may with a mechanical damage in the construction).
13. After the splicing is completed, should reserve a right amount of fiber optic cable on both ends of the fiber distribution box, firmly plate in the cable rack.
Fiber optic cable plays an important role in network projects, if fiber optic cable has problems as it has not yet come in handy, resulting in economic losses can not be ignored. Hope this article is helpful to you, to avoid losses and waste.