The MRC Molecular Biology Laboratory, a research institution driving cutting-edge advancements in bioscience, faces the challenge of interconnecting three rooms through MTP and LC cabling to achieve high-density data transmission within their data center. Maintaining correct polarity throughout the process is vital for the MTP/MPO system's data transfer. FS offers the perfect solution for the MRC Lab's needs.
- Challenge 1Connecting networks across 3 rooms using MTP cables.
- Challenge 2Room A is 67 meters away from Room B, and 195 meters away from Room C.
- Challenge 3Complex cable management and limited network space hinder easy expansion.
- High-Speed, High-Density Fiber ConnectionsFS technical team installed MTP cabling in each room's racks, connecting 100G PSM4 transceivers with switches. MTP-LC cassettes were used for CWDM4 transceivers, meeting performance requirements for a high-speed, high-density, and simplified fiber connection solution.
- Streamline Cabling for High-Density SolutionsThe FS team simplified cable management by deploying Type A and Type AF cassettes on both sides of connections between Room A and Room B, and Room A and Room C. They used 24-fiber and 72-fiber Type A MTP trunks for correct polarity and MTP top-down panel connections. This high-density MTP cabling solution terminated 96 fibers with 8 MTP-12 connectors, fully meeting the customer's needs.
- Unleash Scalability with FS Cutting-Edge MTP Cabling NetworkMaintaining correct polarity in an MTP/MPO system is not easy. FS used high-density cabling solutions to help customers solve polarity problems and build a highly scalable MTP cabling network. This solution made possible the interconnection between the three rooms, in a simple and organized way.