As a globally renowned public cloud provider, our client company offers users flexible computing, storage, and networking resources designed to meet the needs of businesses and individual users. Distributed gateway solution has flexible scalability, enabling them to adapt to growing and evolving network requirements, making it easier for customers to accommodate new business needs and changing traffic patterns.
- Challenge 1The network had suboptimal paths, where even if the same switch performed Layer 3 forwarding, the traffic still needed to take a detour to the Spine devices.
- Challenge 2The network had performance bottlenecks due to the concentration of gateways on the Spine devices, posing significant challenges to the performance of the Spine switches.
- Challenge 3The network had limited scalability, with each upgrade or capacity expansion causing short-term interruptions in traffic, resulting in a poor user experience.
- Traffic Detour is Rejected to Effectively Reduce Network DelayThe VXLAN distributed gateway solution alleviates network congestion and bottlenecks by distributing routing and forwarding functions across various switches. It provides higher network performance and lower latency, enabling the customer's data center to achieve fast data transmission, real-time collaboration, and efficient business processing. This enhances their competitiveness and customer satisfaction.
- High Density Spine and Flexible Leaf Build High Performance Network EnvironmentIn this solution, the N8560-64C switch, equipped with a Tomahawk chip, is used as the spine. While this chip may support fewer features, it offers an exceptionally high port density. The N8560-48BC switch is used as the leaf switch, enabling the VXLAN gateway to extend to the leaf switches. This setup allows the customer to achieve high scalability while effectively reducing network deployment costs by 10%.
- Dynamic business expansion according to business growth needsThe VXLAN distributed gateway solution offers flexible scalability, allowing for the addition of new switches and VXLAN tunnels as needed without the need for extensive network-wide changes. This flexibility enables the customer to rapidly respond to market demands, deploy new applications and services with agility, and enhance their business agility and innovation capabilities.